Understanding the differences between different strains, and what they can be best used for, can be difficult. There are so many options to choose from, so it’s easy to become overwhelmed with everything in front of you. Marijuana comes in either pure or hybrid varies, each with its own distinct properties. Altitude Dispensary, the best dispensary in Denver, carries an array of popular hybrid strains
. Read more about the differences between them so you can make the best choice for your medical or recreational needs.
If you have a favorite hybrid that Altitude Dispensary
- Bruce Banner: This is the “true original Colorado strain” with a high THC content (16% - 23%), according to The Nug. The effects of this strain “come on quickly and strong, then tend to settle into a euphoric and creative buzz,” harking after its sativa origins, says Leafly. A high quality Bruce Banner strain will have dense buds and a “sweet, potent, pungent” odor and taste. An early harvest will inspire energy and productivity, which makes it suitable for daytime use.
- Death Star: Bred in Ohio with a consistent THC level around 20 percent, Death Star combines an extremely strong, sour fragrance that accompanies powerful effects which may be slow to engage, but provides a powerful feelings of relaxation and euphoria. High quality buds are dark green with burnt orange hairs sprinkled throughout. This strain is particularly useful in treating anxiety, appetite issues, nausea, stress, and chronic pain.
- Girl Scout Cookies: This indica-dominant strain hails from California and features a sweet and earthy fragrance. It’s noted for its high THC content and its effects that rate highly in happiness, relaxation, and euphoria. Iits mood elevating properties are combined with a reputation for relieving aches and pains, insomnia, and stress. Side effects include paranoia, dizziness, dry mouth, and headache.
- Lemon Skunk: This is a mid-level THC strain, averaging around 14.5 percent. New users report numbing and calming effects that quickly put them to sleep. Wikileaf notes that, for medical purposes, Lemon Skunk “performs well when used for daytime pain relief, especially in the case of chronic headaches.” Experienced users report that Lemon Skunk delivers a burst of energy. High quality nugs are dense and a light, intense green. Lemon Skunk’s taste and odor reflect the hybrid’s name.
- Mango Tango: Leafly describes this hybrid has having extremely potent relaxing and euphoric effects with strong citrus and peach flavors. The very high THC level (24% - 26%) of Mango Tango hits fast and hard with intense cerebral effects that can spawn feelings of paranoia and anxiety. It is not recommended for novice users. Mango Tango is favored for treating chronic pain, depression, muscle spasms, and tremors. The buds are large, dense, and leafy with a mint green color and burnt orange hairs.
- Phat Purple: This early flowering strain produces euphoric effects perfectly suited for relaxation and creativity. It’s suitable for treating stress, pain, insomnia, and depression. As the name indicates, this hybrid’s flowers are purple; however, its leaves are a silvery green. The taste is reminiscent of dark fruit and blueberries.
- Skunk OG: One of the earliest hybrids of Mexican, Colombian, and Afghani varieties, Skunk OG remains a favorite, particularly for use in medical applications to relieve chronic pain and inflammation, anxiety, migraines, depression, and stress. It reportedly delivers an even mix of mind and body effects. Buds are dense, rounded, and light green with darker leaf tips. This strain does not smell strongly of skunk, as its name might suggest, but has a sweet, somewhat fruity/citrus scent. Skunk OG isn’t known for its high THC content, but more for its consistent quality and balanced effects.
- Updog: This lesser known, sativa-dominant hybrid features a sweet, piney fragrance and smooth, somewhat minty taste. It’s reported as having strongly relaxing effects, which may help with insomnia.
- Strawberry Headband: Sweet and fruity, Strawberry Headband is noted for the famous “headband” effect resembling a slight pressure around the crown of one’s head. With a high THC level varying from 20 percent to 27 percent, effects build slowly to a strong level and confer strong sensations of happiness, euphoria, and relaxation. It’s geared more for recreational use than medicinal applications. High quality buds are large and yellowish-green with a very pungent odor.
does not carry, be sure to request it. Friendly, helpful staff will either recommend a suitable substitute from among the varieties in stock or see if that strain is available. With three locations, Altitude Dispensary
is your go-to choice among weed shops in Denver. Call (303) 756-8888
for more information.